On Going Casting
I love to collaborate with Models and Stylist for my personal work. If you are seeing this page then I’ve contacted you about a possible shoot together.
I will cut to the chase and present the specifics of a proposed shoot. Sorry for the “form letter” format but I don’t want to waste your time going back and forth with details and I want to give you as much info as possible so you know what I’m proposing:
I’m primarily looking to shoot content for my retail boudoir photography (Sweet Audacity) and personal work (Mickle Design Werks). The content will be used on my websites and social media presence. Additionally, if I am considering magazine publication submissions (both on-line and print) for the images from the shoot I will inform you of that intent.
Also, if you are OK with shooting video, I’m also looking to shoot some promotional fusion show reels for my sites as well. Fusion involves short video clips (5-15 seconds in length) mixed in with still images. These would also for the the Boudoir[werks] and Mickle Design Werks brands and my various social media site.
Images to be Shot
I’m most interested in shooting beauty, concept and fashion editorial styled nude stills and video clip. For trade shoots, if you have specific concepts or sets in mind that you would like to shoot, please let me know so that I can try to incorporate them in to the planning for the shoot so that we can have time to shoot them.
Regarding nudity, I am either aware of your preference to not do nude work or assume that is the case. I have an extensive body of work that includes nude work but I want to make it clear that I am not contacting you for that work and will not ask you to do that work I always want the Models that I work with to be comfortable with whats to be shot which is why I’ve presented these example images so that you have a specific idea of what i'm looking to shoot. If you are more modest than adventurous in shooting these type of images, no worries. Again, once you’ve made your preference known to me they will be respected, so try to communicate what you are comfortable shooting to me in your reply. Just note which image slide number (captioned at the top of the image) of the kind of images that you would prefer not to do so that I have an idea of your sensibilities. The most risqué I would ask of you would be covered or implied nudes if that is something you are comfortable shooting, so please let me know if that is something you are open to shooting with me. Keep in mind that I'm mostly looking to do “Facebook Friendly”/"Instagram Safe" content (images that don’t get your images deletes or leads to getting kicked off those site) so we can only be so risqué.
Examples of some of these kinds images I want to shoot with you can be found here:
Styling is a very important element for my shoot and adds to the production value. Since November of 2013 I’ve taken on doing the styling for the majority of my shoots which includes hair, make-up and wardrobe.
It’s always helps to know if you would want to do it yourself or know of someone that can do hair and/or make-up or can do it well for you. If you are willing to hire a Stylist for the shoot, a good one can be hired for $75-$100. Sometime I am able to get a Stylist in for trade work but they tend to be very selective (like you have to meet Modeling Agency standards) and discriminate with trade work. So if they don’t feel the Model's look is something they want or don't like the concept we want to shoot then they likely won’t be interested in trade. If we schedule a shoot, it’s helpful to know your skill level when it comes to hair and make-up so I know what we are working with in this area.
Please have a look at my Styling for Photoshoots page for my styling preferences and let me know if you are able to do the looks posted there. On that page you will find specific instruction on how I prefer the styling be done for the shoot. It is very detailed so please be sure give yourself time to read the material and view the videos for our shoot.
Also on the styling page, I have listed wardrobe that I suggest you bring to the shoot. I have plenty of wardrobe items (including shoes and accessories) that I use for shoot and tend to style the shoot ahead of time with those items. If you have particular items that you want to shoot, let me know so that I can include them in the pre-production of the shoot.
My general availability is
Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri: anytime except from 2:00pm to 7:00pm
Tue, Sat, Sun and Holidays: anytime
Specific dates not available are shown here:
I tend to not want to book more than a month in advance of a shoot, preferably within 2-3 weeks.
Length of Shoot
I try to keep shoots to about 3-4 hours long. Sometimes they can go shorter or longer, so be aware of that.
Add an extra 30-60 minutes for settling in after arrival, styling (if not shoot ready upon arrival) and paperwork.
Images can be shot from my residential studio or on location.
My residential studio is located in Fort Washington, MD:
10838 Hilltop Drive, Fort Washington, MD 20744
I typically will shoot secluded locations at the near by parks or various sets at the house when I shoot in the Fort Washington location.
If I’m looking at another location this will be discussed well in advance of the shoot with you.
Most general questions about working with me is answered in my Statement of Work document:
If we work together you will be asked to sign my Shoot Agreement (aka “Model Release”), You can review it here:
You will be asked to sign it before we shoot. This Shoot Agreement references my Standard Terms and Conditions document so the Shoot Agreement can be kept to a one page document, so be sure to review that as well to make sure you fully understand the terms and polices that you are agreeing to if you want to shoot with me.
For this casting, I am most available for trade work and prefer this be the compensation for the shoot.
Trade compensation typically are my selections AND up to an additional 10 Model selected images. So at a minimum you will get the 10 images that you select.
Image Processing and Delivery and Use of Images
– After the shoot the timeline goes to something like this:
- Within 1 week of the shoot I will post up an online gallery of the proof images from the shoot.
- You will have 1 week from my notification email to provide me with your edit (selected images) or forfeit that option (sorry to be strict here, gotta keep things moving or I get behind).
- The Shoot Agreement gives me a 4 weeks from the shoot date deadline for turnaround of the images. I usually beat that handily but that’s your assurance for when to expect the retouched images back at the latest.
These deadline are included in the Shoot Agreement so I am bound by them.
– With trade shoots the image delivery will occur via internet delivery. My default means for delivery is using Dropbox as I can set up a folder for future shoot delivery that way and most people like being able to access images via their computer or mobile device. I have alternatives if you prefer a different means of delivery
– The Shoot Agreement gives you non-commercial, self-promotional use. So as long as you aren’t selling the images or giving them to someone else to make money from them, you are free to use the images as you please for non-commercial, self-promotional. This includes websites, social media, portfolio, etc. If you have a single-person site or are on community sites that allow you to profit from the sale of set (e.g. Zivity or your own pay site), please feel free to discuss your needs with me. I’m willing to negotiate use on an ad-hoc basis and if we can come to terms we will need to adjust the Shoot Agreement to reflect the arrangement.
– If you need print images let me know so that I can upload the print resolution files to an online gallery so that you can order and print from my vendors. I take this step to insure a quality print results and allow you to take advantage of the great print prices that my vendors offer. I do not add any mark-up so you will only pay for the cost of printing and shipping. Please allow 2 days for delivery of prints once you place an order. If you have a rush job, please contact me directly so that we can see what we can do for you.
If you are interested let’s move forward with booking. Get back to me with 3 specific dates/times that work well for you and I’m open for and we can settle on one of those date/time.
Once we settle on a shoot date, you will fill out this questionnaire so that I can prep the Shoot Agreement and have the info I need for my pre-production of the shoot.
Thanks for your time, I look forward to hearing back from you!